PREVENTING THERMAL RUNAWAY IN EV BATTERIES WITH ADHESIVES AND FOAMS
Thursday, 21 September 2023 // 13:00 CET
- What are the most pressing unsolved problems in preventing thermal runaway?
- What are the main trends in OEM strategies to EV thermal management?
- What is the impact of supply chain disruptions on thermal design choices?
- How do cell-to-pack and cell-to-body designs impact thermal management?
- James Edmondson, Principal Technology Analyst at IDTechEx
- Alexander Teufl, Global Technical Expert Resins at Von Roll
- Andrew Christie, Business Development Manager Automotive / EV Batteries at Avery Dennison Performance Tapes
TWO PHASE COOLING: THE NEXT MOVE FOR EMOBILITY THERMAL MANAGEMENT?
Tuesday December 13, 2022 // 12PM ET
Two phase liquid cooling is already commonly used in servers and electronics, and other IT infrastructure, but it is yet to be fully adopted by e-mobility sector. However, with a lot of development and emerging partnerships in this space, we may soon witness how two phase cooling will revolutionize e-mobility thermal management.
- Understanding the origins and process of two phase cooling
- What the benefits are for automotive applications?
- What are the main challenges in two phase cooling for automotive, and how can they be solved to allow system integration?
- How viable will this technology be for the sector in the near future?
- Moderator: James Edmondson | Senior Technology Analyst, IDTechEx
- Avinoam Robinstain, CEO, Carrar
ARE YOUR MATERIALS MISSING THE MARK? SELECTING THE OPTIMAL THERMAL RESISTANCE SOLUTION TO MEET YOUR APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Thursday May 5, 2022 // 12PM ET
Demands for thermal management solutions are increasing alongside trends such as electrification, demands for increased energy density, and higher performance applications. High performance plastics and advanced ceramic materials both provide excellent properties to cater to this requirement, providing a thermal management solution for existing and emerging technologies. This webinar will provide critical insight in to how these materials can effectively and efficiently solve thermal issues to improve overall performance.
· Evaluating application specifications and determining the material best suited for the task
· The trade-off of a material’s mechanical property to achieve its thermal characteristics
· Weighing the cost of a potential material against its life expectancy and suitability to the application
· Moderator: Brandon Brown, Vice President Of Engineering, C-Therm Technologies Ltd.
· Steve Chernack, Global Technical Manager, Thermal Ceramics
· Shahab Zekriardehani, Ph.D., Technology Manager, Polymers & Nanocomposites, Eaton
· Will Goertzen, Ph.D., Center Engineering Manager, Schlumberger
MARKET FORECASTS FOR THERMAL MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGIES IN THE TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY
Tuesday April 5, 2022 // 12PM ET
The electrification of the transportation market is leading the demand for innovations in thermal management. From battery cooling to power electronics, thermal challenge solutions are critical to increasing performance, safety and power. Given the predicted expansion of the market, understanding how and which thermal management technologies will play an integral role in this development will be key to facilitating and maintaining successful growth for key stakeholders across the supply chain.
· How is the transportation market predicted to grow over the next five to 10 years?
· How will this drive demand for thermal technologies?
· Which technologies will be critical to providing solutions for thermal challenges and subsequently to supporting this growth?
· Moderator: James Edmondson, Senior Technology Analyst, IDTechEx
· Kaveh Azar, President, Advanced Thermal Solutions, inc.
· Alexis Dagenais Everell, Thermal Management Engineer, Lion Electric